Sunday, May 22, 2011

Balsamic and Orange Chicken

I have a lot of these lying around.


photo links to recipe

Sometimes they get lost, thrown away, or stuck in a pile with other recipes torn out of magazines that I'd like to try some day.

But this one, this one actually got made. And it was pretty good. I don't think I've ever tried orange and balsamic flavors together before. The first bite was ok, but by the end I was pretty much diggin it. There's a nice tang from both the orange juice and the vinegar, but they balance each other nicely.

I just used some gluten free flour (see sidebar --> ) in place of the all-purpose flour. I paired mine with green beans and served the chicken & sauce over wild rice cooked in chicken broth. Delish.

Looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: