Sunday, October 31, 2021

less dense cornbread

I made chili tonight. When I asked my man if he wanted cornbread with it, he declined, saying my cornbread was "too dense."

Gasp. Oh, no. That word is the bane of every gluten free baker. Over the years, I've gotten used to the way gluten free tastes and this type of feedback is very valuable.

gluten dairy free cornbread muffins lighter

Thankfully, I fixed it. Thanks to the delightful and scientific combination of baking soda and vinegar, this recipe is lighter (and sweeter, because he prefers a sweeter cornbread). He, myself, and a friend all enjoyed these muffins without complaint.

Mini cornbread muffins

1/2 c. gf flour mix
1/2 c. corn meal
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
3 T. sugar (if you like sweet cornbread)

1 egg
2 T. oil
1/2 c. almond milk
1 t. apple cider vinegar

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl (Or, a 2 c. liquid measuring cup with a spout). Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Pour the batter into 12 greased mini muffin wells. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

gluten dairy free cornbread muffins lighter

No comments: