Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ingredient-based recipe search engines

There are so many times that I've thought to myself, "Man, I have [insert ingredients here] that I need to use up, but I have no idea what to make.

Fortunately, I've found a few recipe search engines that let you search based on ingredient.

Supercook is one that I like. You just enter which ingredients you want to use, and recipes pop up. They also have a neat "exclude gluten" button.

Recipe Key is the same way. I don't like the format as much, but you can refine your search by cook time, cuisine type, difficulty level, etc.

Recipe Matcher is another one, but the popup ads are super annoying and most of the recipes I've found don't have pictures. I like pictures.

If you've found another great site like this, please share!

1 comment:

Truth said...

Allrecipes.com was my go to for a long time. I haven't used any of the sites you mentioned. Have to check them out.