Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Travel meal: baked sweet potato with bbq chicken and broccoli

This is one of the most successful hotel meals I've made. It was so, so good and I have enough leftovers for another meal.

I was initially going to make this meal in the crock pot, but I didn't want to lug it in my suitcase. My plan was to make it using rotisserie chicken, but after I looked at the ingredients on the rotisserie chicken, I reconsidered that plan.
(WHY are labels still allowed to claim "natural flavor" without specifying?? No, thanks.)

I looked around the grocery store and found these frozen chicken tenders that did the trick. They were expensive, $6.99 for 7 tenders but at least I know they're gluten free.


To make dinner, I washed a big, round sweet potato and poked holes in it with a fork. I microwaved it for about 4 "baked potato" settings.


Then, I microwaved the chicken tenders according to the package directions.

When they were done, I microwaved one of those broccoli "steam in bag" things.

I cut the sweet potato in half and smooshed it up a bit, then added the chopped up chicken tenders and drizzled with bbq sauce. Topped it all with a little bit of kale, because I bought a huge bunch and I'm trying to use it before it gets sad.

gluten free sweet potato bbq chicken travel hotel

Served with a side of broccoli.

Now my belly is full and I'm happy.

No comments: