Monday, November 4, 2019

Travel meal: Tuna salad kale wraps

On the menu after a long day of travel + work in a construction zone (seriously, the foreman made me wear a hard hat and bright orange vest and told me to get better shoes): quick and easy tuna salad kale wraps.

I had a peanut butter sandwich and and apple earlier in the day, but it was not enough to sustain me through a busy afternoon.

After checking into the hotel, I headed to the grocery store and, thankfully, had already made a menu and a list so it was streamlined.

I have to say, these. hit. the. spot.

I was slightly queasy from hunger, and these made my belly so happy. I fought it for many years, but my body really likes vegetables.

For this meal, I grabbed a tuna salad kit at the grocery store, threw away the crackers, and mixed up the tuna with mayo and relish. I added some salt and pepper, too.

Washed some kale, dried it, then tore it from the main stalk. I arranged the strips of kale into little nests, then topped with the tuna salad. They were pretty easy to eat by squishing the kale nests into little taco shapes.

gluten free tuna salad kale wrap travel hotel

I enjoyed these with some carrot slices, and also some wine and potato chips, because I'm human.

Happy Monday.

No comments: