Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Travel meal: Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

On the road again.

This week I was unable to book a hotel with a kitchen, so I booked a room with a nice big wet bar, and brought my crock pot with me.

Which is why I am now sitting in my hotel room enjoying tacos for dinner.

gluten free crock pot chicken taco

Hotel Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

Put the ingredients into crock pot in this order:

crock pot liner
1 clove of peeled garlic, snapped in half if you can manage it
2 chicken thighs
1 stalk of torn up kale
1 package of GF taco seasoning
1 can of black beans, undrained*

Set it on low when you leave in the morning and put your do not disturb sign up. (I have no idea if crock pots are allowed in this hotel... I am normally a rule-follower but I don't care. I'm a hungry rebel.)

When you finally leave the lab and head back to the hotel, you'll be greeted by a nice hot dinner. Serve the lovely chicken-y, bean-y feast in a corn tortilla with the cutest little bowl of rice and avocado. Yum.

gluten free crock pot chicken taco

I know I'm not the only person out there who habitually overstuffs their tacos. Every. Time.

*The can of beans with the pull top was crucial because I do not routinely travel with a can opener, but I have ordered one to add to my travel kit.

I will easily get 2 other meals from this, and as usual, I'm thrilled to have a safe, gluten free meal that isn't a salad while I'm traveling.

1 comment:

Ash said...

You’ve thought of everything! Never would have even questioned if crock pots were allowed.