Monday, August 26, 2024

travel meal: chicken on the mini griddle

My belly has been cranky lately. 
I didn't have an appetite today and needed something simple and easy to digest.

On the menu:
Chicken, brussels sprouts, rice, avocado.
Leftovers went onto salad greens for lunch tomorrow.

Ingredients:
thin chicken breasts (crucial for cooking on the mini griddle)
brussels sprouts
avocado
olive oil
a punny chicken seasoning because even though the belly is cranky, I still need flavor and the puns got me.


I cooked the chicken on the griddle with a little bit of water to keep it moist, and took it off when it started to get smoky enough for me to worry that it would set off the hotel smoke detectors. 

The sprouts and rice went into the microwave with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.


I've eaten way worse on the road.

No comments: